Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 77
After several weeks of posting drivel here I've come to realize the true spirit in which IFK founded this board. It was to point out the utter futility of a posting reward system to TMF. Did they listen??? No!!!!

I sought to ask myself what the utility in the star system was for finding useful posts. MizBlue's 2 month rise to Gold proves that as long as you are pleasant and have time on your hands you can say what you want and earn your stars. No offense Blue, I for one enjoy your multiple posts.

What of recs? I thought recs sepparated the trivial multiposter from the serious. WRONG AGAIN. This board has really taught me otherwise. I can post ANYTHING here and get a least ONE rec. In fact too many recs might tip people off on other boards that I'm getting my recs here. There is a danger that they would in turn percieve this to be "false recs" Thus my reputation is tarnished and nobody believes what I say anymore

What of the number of Fools who love FoolX? I have a fair number of luvies. Why??? All I ever post is stupid ?'s from a guy with no education in business or economics struggling to become an investor? Why would anyone in their right mind rec me or fav me??? Why Why Why? I looked carefully at my own luvie list and noticed that over half of the folks on the list haven't posted anything on any board I read in months....Some of them have probably changed their names or left these boards for good. I conclude that luvies are mainly a surrogate for how many different boards you post on and how long you've been around.

How then to tell a quality poster from a driveler? Unfortunately there is no short cut. One MUST read each and every post. No other way.

I hereby request that TMF just give Moonbucks, Dreamer, Palmer, Norm, WRG, Fooelle, Tymmo, Pat, Barb, and all the other posters of useful posts their gold stars NOW!!!

Once again do NOT under any circumstances rec this post.

Unless you feel you must.

-Mark
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.