Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
Do something on his return with the cash he earned? (I don't even know how that works, but it would put his income back up over $6100 and she wouldn't be able to get him in trouble.)

You mean *not* cheat on your income taxes?
Yeah, that sounds like a good advice to give. (to put it mildly)

I need to know what his best course of action is. I am sooooooo not cut out for all of this drama!!!
IMO - Tell him to file an extension.
Then he has until mid-October for the two of them to calm down and work it out.

If she doesn't want him to have her SSN, the easy solution for that (IMO) is that they meet at a post office, he lets her fill in the SSN on the form and he watches as the form gets dropped into the mailbox.

Alternatively, they use a professional tax preparer who will put up with the two of them...
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.