Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
(Do the huge size of losses from mergers and Int'l investments offset the volume of daily business? And if there are so many losses out there, how can the EPS stay so high? Just the banker's way of doctoring the books?)

Jody,
As I noted, there were conversations concerning the decreased loan loss reserves as well as a few other quasi-questionable book maneuvers but BAC has responded with the business decision behind each move. Whether you agree with the business decisions or not is your call on the management's vision. Some have called it book doctoring but so far, I haven't seen any other company NOT trying to make their books look good. How far do you stretch GAAP to give BAC's owners (the shareholders, ME) ST value while maintaining LTG?
-------------------------------------------
(Re your comment on measure my own risk tolerance, dowhipple, I'm looking for a combination of LTBH with good growth potential (who isn't) as well as fast growth before I "settle back" I am also spread thin.)

If you look at the basic Fool's method of valuation, I believe BAC is down around a 60% PEG (haven't checked in a while, please do your own math first) which is pretty darn good for what you get.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.