Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Do this by filing a Form 941. I send them the money every month ( and file the Form 941 quarterly by mail. If you have a smaller payroll, you might make payments quarterly. If you have a large payroll, you make payments daily or weekly. You get to guess the first filing, then they'll tell you what they require. And whether you have to pay unemployment tax.

Just a word of caution....

The IRS has specific instructions. The payment date is dependent on the amount due. I'd be careful about "guessing". Some friends of mine paid a bonus to their employees which sent their WH/Fica over the limit for the deposit schedule they had been using. A penalty and interest were charges. I don't think the OP is in this catagory, tho'.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.