Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
do you have a scoring system? I mean there are hundreds of issues. you picked out a bunch, but there are hundreds of them. how do you add it all up and decide?

=====
Let's keep the patronization to a minimum, shall we?

I really don't care about what Lieberman did in the 60s. Doesn't concern me today.

As for Karl Rove, I don't care if he's laughing. The fact of the matter is that what you rightly call a "safe" Democratic seat is in the hands of someone who doesn't always stand up for basic Democratic principles. Period.

And let's not forget the Iraq War. I purposely left that off the list to meet the parameters of your challenge. But the War is NOT a minor issue. In fact, it should be Issue #1. To leave it off a list of Lieberman's legislative failings is like that old imagined question posed to Mrs. Lincoln: "Other than the assassination, how did you like the play?"

C3

==================

ok, a couple of points and you can have the last word C3.

first, no patronization was intended. sorry if it sounded that way.

Second, George Bush was a drunken fratboy in the 60's. Joe Lieberman went with the freedom riders down south to help with voter registration. a number of the freedom riders were murdered by klansmen and other reactionaries. Just pointing out a contrast in character.

As for always standing up for Democratic principles, show me one politician 'always' does that. Just one. We are talking aobut politicians. And can we even come to an agreement on what those principles are?

On the war, yes that is the biggest issue and I am with you on that.

I am not against the campaign of the man who is challenging Lieberman. We on the so called left need to develop candidates. But we also need to win. Let's focus on the bigger prizes, like taking back the white house or at the very least, one house of Congress.

We must get a majority in the House or the Senate. Then we can really apply pressure against the neocon clique.

dov
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.