Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you have a videocamera? If so, videotape a seizure if another comes about (which frankly, I hope it doesn't). My brother's cat went into seizures every now and again and they took him to 4 different vets. Taboo went through nuerous x-rays, brain scans, exams, medications, probes, and ultrasounds. None of the vets knew what was going on. When they wanted to do surgery, I convinced my brother to first go to my vet (my brother was a bit of a snob and didn't feel that a "country vet" <actually just small town> could figure out a problem so complex as a seizure)> He finally agreed, and my vet said "Videotape the seizure next time it happens and bring the tape and the cat in." My brother did this - the vet took one look at the tape and knew exactly what it was. Now how this is, I don't know... must be some kind of vet magic knowledge thing. But anyway, surgery was avoided, medication was used for a week, and Taboo has never had another seizure.

I wish you the best. Watching a cat go into a seizure (or any animal or person for that matter) is very difficult. I hope this is easily remedied, for your sake and the kitty's...

Thoughts and best wishes,
TMF Psyche
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.