No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you have any articles? When I looked, I found only a handful of articles, and mention of back wages, but nothing about raided 401-k accounts.

I think it was a follow-up to this article (I'm not a subscriber, so I can't see the whole article):

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-62605886.html

However, I did see this much:

Employees of the nine Twin Cities Pannekoeken Huis restaurants that closed late last year are having trouble getting information about their 401(k) retirement plans because of the parent company's bankruptcy liquidation.

U.S. Rep. Bruce Vento, D-Minn., is looking into the matter after a constituent complained that Massachusetts Mutual said it would not allow transfer of the individual's account until a full accounting of contributions is received from Sytjes Pannekoeken Huis Restaurants Inc.

Vento said Massachusetts Mutual received lump-sum 401(k) contributions from the company but does not know how the contributions should be allocated among employees. Vento said there also is a question whether all the money was contributed as required.

But Rob Kugler, the Pannekoeken attorney with Robins Kaplan Miller & Ciresi, said he feels confident that the company was current on its contributions to Massachusetts Mutual.

I'm itching my memory, but as I recall, it ended up that they hadn't made the contributions to the 401k accounts for a number of months, and whether the lump-sum contribution from the bankruptcy proceedings was sufficient?
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.