Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you mean caterpillar on the NYSE ?

JR
Sorry - yes !! There appears to be about four distinct top and bottom patterns that could be used in a TA textbook.

As far as the discussion on Olive Oil goes I agree that the industry is in it's real early stage of growth. The problem I have is that, as you have pointed out, there will be losers and winners - the difficulty is to pick the winners in this early stage. There will be errors in planting the wrong variety in the wrong area or that regions thought to be suitable will be found to be unsuitable.
It's all a bit of a gamble as NZ has found to it's cost - see llama farming, ostrich farming, enormous areas of pine forest that have been abandoned because it's too costly to get the timber out. I see that Fletcher Timber who wrote off 1.2 billion last year has now written off a further 300 million because of problems with its Chinese partner.
Problems, problems everywhere and here we are trying to pick winners and make a buck or two - LOL !!
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.