Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 20
Do you own any stocks that, via your read of The Gorilla Game book and understanding, would qualify you to pat your own back?

Which staff are you pointing this post at and why? I was unaware that any of the TMF portfolios had purchased Qualcomm. AOL is a Godzilla and qualified as one of the best performing stocks of the previous decade (along with Dell, EMC and Cisco). They deserve to pat themselves on the back - as do all investors who were fortunate to benefit from Dell, EMC and Cisco during the 90's.

I don't even know who you are addressing, but part of the gorilla game and this message board, is to search for future potential stocks and discuss that process.

You wrote:

I just wonder when they are going to stop talking about the wonderful, bought cheap and look at AOL, Qualcom etc ad infinitum etc etc etc. It doesn't seem like they spent much time talking about the future and potential stocks, it is just one long self congradulatory missive after another about what they were smart enough to have already bought.

I can tell you right now, that in terms of future and potential - Qualcomm looks pretty rootin' tootin' good - even if you haven't bought any shares yet. True gorillas are few and far between, but this one is the gorilla of CDMA and still in the earlier portion of the technology adoption life cycle bell curve.

There. Now I can pat myself on the back for telling you.

BB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.