No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you really not hear the fan? 48 dB(a)?

I just turned the set on and hit the 'mute' button. The fan is inaudible when I stand at about two feet in front of the set, and barely audible in the rear (much less of a whirring sound than the power supply fan on my PC, and about an octave higher in pitch)

48db is about one-sixteenth the level of normal conversation (60 db), and 32 times the level of a whisper (20 db).

We remain well-pleased with this purchase. BTW, Samsung extends the warrenty by three months if you mail in the registration card, or register on-line,within ten days of purchase. If you do it on-line, you get a written confirmation of the extension.

Schvitz

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.