Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anybody really believe that Bush would throw away American lives and commit political suicide for oil which was already on the world market, the corporate profits of a company he doesn't even work for, or simple revenge?

I don't. At least I don't think it was a simple decision based on one single factor.

However, the motivation for waging war that he delivered to congress and to the American people was at best misleading and at worst an outright lie. That certainly explains where the wild speculation about what his true motivation is.

You believe his motivation is that he saw Iraq as a threat to national security worthy of billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

I would like to see proof that Iraq was a threat to national security worthy of billions of dollars and thousands of lives. A couple of nuclear warheads that were pointed at us will do. A few suitcases full of poison gas with shipping address to the US would do also.

As it is, there are no more ties to terror from Iraq than from Saudi Arabia or any other nation in the region. So, what was Bush's motivation for attacking Iraq? What was it? Was he duped by bad intelligence or was there something else?

Either his motivation was sincere and we can hold him accountable for following bad advice and bad intelligence or there was some other motivation. Which do you think?

Recent news of Iraq's terrorist ties and Hussein's atrocities are mounting and providing compelling evidence that the decision to invade Iraq was the right decision at the time.

Recent news of Iraq's terrorist ties and Hussein's atrocities are mounting and providing compelling evidence that the decision to invade Iraq was the right decision at the time.

What are you implying by 'at the time'? That it is no longer the right decision? Weird.

Recent news that Iraq didn't have WMD and that Americans have actually commited atrocities are mounting and providing compelling evidence that the decision to invade Iraq was the wrong decision.

This decision may cost Bush the election in November as Americans grow weary of war casualties. If so, that would be a blow to our national resolve in fighting the radical Islamic terrorist threat.

I hope to always be 'weary of war casualties'. It is my responsiblity as an human being to be 'weary of war casualties'.

FFO

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.