No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone here have an Instant Pot ( that's the brand she suggested) and can offer some input/advice/practical wisdom?

The inside container is removable and dishwasher safe. Enough liquid is required that I haven't experienced anything being burnt on. The sealing ring installed inside of the lid is easily removed for cleaning. I always reinstall it after cleaning and drying. My DIL has forgotten to install it a couple of times.

Exterior cleaning of the lid depends on what has been cooked. The steam from pulled pork contains fat and it does require a little effort to clean. It isn't baked on. Just cleaning the grease from the draining track around the lid.

Keep the instructions available the first few times you use it or having not used it in a while. It isn't complicated but if not properly setup it won't pressurize. The pressure release value must be properly installed for it to pressurize. Again not difficult. There is also a cup for catching the liquid condensed from the steam. If it is forgotten, liquid will end up on the counter.

The pressure release valve position is changed at the end to release the pressure. Being concerned that I might be burned from the steam, I tried to use salad tongs to move it and ended up removing it. I won't do that again. It had been on high pressure setting. The amount of steam was enough that I was afraid it would set off the smoke alarm.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.