Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone (Mr. Marti?) know how to make comments or suggestions to the IRS? And does it do any good?

I'm really interested in making some suggestions relative to their forms, their procedures, and their stated desire to receive and process data via e-files. But darned if I can figure out who to talk to! I really can't find a sensible address, either in their publications or on their web site. I want to write a letter, not send email. I don't think the so-called Taxpayer Advocate is the right guy, as I'm not currently engaged in a tax hassle (well, other than doing my return...).

So - has anyone ever done anything like this? Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Yes, you can do this. I don't know specifically who you should contact (I imagine each of your issues will be directed to a different person or office), but one place to start is here:

One or more of the links on this page may provide you with more information.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.