Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Does anyone (Mr. Marti?) know how to make comments or suggestions to the IRS?

There was a time when I could have given you names for specific things, but since I've retired they've reorganized at least twice, and even the people who still work there don't know what's going on. The 1040 instructions used to have an address for forms suggestions, but I see they've now replaced that with a request for e-mail or web submissions.

The Advocate is really not a bad person to write to. Her job is twofold: dealing with problems and improving the system. If you prefer, just write to the Commissioner of Internal Revenue. For either, the address is

1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.