Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for quite a while, and just realized that I have been "diving" for my horse manure supply!!

The City of St. Louis Police Dept. welcomes neighbors to come to the police horse stables in Forest Park, and help themselves to manure. I go 2 or 3 times a year, armed with black plastic garbage bags, work gloves, a shovel or pitchfork, and a smile. The officers let me back right up to the pile, and I fill as many bags "as full as I can lift them." Great stuff! I pile up the bags and let the stuff rot, although I do use it fresh for layering with kitchen vegetable scraps in my compost pile, and I spread a fresh layer on the empty vegetable garden in Nov., to be dug under in the spring.
Great stuff, free, but I wouldn't go at 10:30 pm. 8^)

Thanks for all the great reads,
Take care,
p.j.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.