Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
does Lack Crown lose his job this year when they lose to Oklahoma again

Ha! That is outstanding, I'd never heard the "Lack Crown" nickname before; mind if I steal it?

I'm new to this board. I noticed that this board is inhabited by Texas and K-State fans, so I expect I will be flogged mercilessly over time.

Welcome! You're not as alone as you think: I'm not just a K-Stater, but a Husker as well (attended K-State for undergrad, Nebraska for grad school). I root for the Huskers in pretty much everything except when they play K-State.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Bill Callahan taking over the Huskers, although I had hoped Bo Pelini would get the job.

Here we disagree. While I'm still not sure of my opinion on Callahan, I loathe Pelini. Granted that he did wonders quickly restoring the Husker defense to respectability, but I still see him as an overall liability. Everything he did and said seemed to be all about Bo; he's a pure egomaniac and doesn't strike me as having the right disposition to be an effective coach over time. His mid-field tirade against Bill Snyder was the final straw, as Bill Snyder has never raised his voice or bad-mouthed anyone and is certainly not deserving of grade-school taunting by another coach.

Plus, Bo should be grown up enough to realize that if his defense would have played better that night (and it's his job to ensure this) he wouldn't have had anything to complain about :-) Hopefully he'll infect OU with this same disastrous personality and bring them back down to earth as well.

So for the time being, I think the Big 12 north belongs to K-State (with maybe a little competition from Missouri).

Here we agree, particularly on the "little" competition from Missouri bit. I am SO SICK of hearing about Brad Smith this and Brad Smith that ... yes, he's a good, talented player, however, Mizzou hasn't exactly been tearing up the Big XII with him at the helm so I'd think it's about time that sportswriters started considering that maybe Mizzou needs more than just Brad Smith to be truly competitive. </rant>

You're probably well familiar with this, but I just have to say: I love Lincoln. What a fantastic town in so many respects: gameday fun, family friendliness, etc. While I like where we live now (Eugene, Oregon, home of the Ducks), we moved from Lincoln to get here and there are still quite a few things I miss about that place.

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.