Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Does your company have a Performance Evaluation process?

Yes, and we shall not speak of it again. :)

How does your supervisor respond to your desire for growth and new challenges? Is he/she helping you formulate a plan to help you develop skills for promotion?

Well, he's helping me develop a plan for lots of improvements that can be made in my department. All of which I'll work on for as long as I am here, but really - they are for the company and the department, not for my career development. I'm not saying I won't learn anything doing them, but that would be peripheral to my career goals at best. The root problem is that I don't want to be *in* my department anymore.

This office has 17 employees. There isn't any opportunity for promotion here. There isn't even a chance for a lateral career move. I could transfer to a different US-based office, but I don't want to move. Thus the job search.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.