Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Does your family life suffer from your dedication to truth, justice, and the American way?

Since you asked, yes it does. I don't do this for entirely altruistic reasons, however.

I am writing a book on the subject of how to achieve financial independence early in life. When the book is published, I am going to have to appear on interview programs to promote it. There is a chance that I will be asked two or three years from now "Weren't you a regular poster to that Motley Fool discussion board that was giving out false information on safe withdrawal rates that caused so many retirements to go bust?"

If that question is asked of me, I want to be in a position to give a response that comes off better than "well, yeah, but it was so difficult to stand up to the guy who was making the misleading statements that I just thought it best to take a pass."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.