No. of Recommendations: 0
Don't forget to look into HUD housing. I'm aware of retirement communities here that will put people in an efficiency apartment for HUD rates. HUD does not consider assets they say, but they pay a percentage of income for room and board. So you can live there on Social Security checks--no matter how small.

The one I know about is primarily independent living, but additional services are available for those who need it up to the assisted living level. Not sure about dementia patients.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.