Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

One thing that continues to confound me is how afraid the wall st. people are of tech.  They still think its a game of hot potato.

And I DO understand why. The tech bubble of the late nineties pushed alot of hype into a new medium, at the beginning of the S curve.  One thing they didn't bank on though was the power of information moved to the digital medium of the web.

And I don't blame them.  They're being cautious, and that's fine. But this IS the future.  Stop and think for a second about one thing you do/purchase/work with that DOESN'T involve computers or the internet.  

And we're not talking about shallow companies either, web2.0, or trends. We're talking about serious infrastructure and the future of our society as a whole. There is one trend you can bank on, and that is we're moving forward at an explosive rate into the full digital realm.

Granted, the neo-luddites and environmentalists will always be resisting, but the rate has already exploded, and there is no stopping.  Investing in Apple, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Sun, Cisco, or any of the big tech companies WILL give you a massive return in the long haul. And I do mean massive.

Wall St is still afraid, and I don't get it.  Grow some balls and buy tech, don't play it short and greedy, and be a part of the future.  If not, you stand to miss out on some serious growth.

And besides, wouldn't you want to be a part of a ground breaking technological advance anyway?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.