No. of Recommendations: 0
Don't forget -- in many cases you can rollover your 403(b) to another provider while you're still in service!

It may be a good idea to put the money in a money market fund that has no front or back end loads or surrender fees, and then, when the balance gets high enough, move the money to another provider (like Vanguard or TIAA-CREF).

If you can't do that, then a regular taxable account is probably a better idea than a high-fee 403(b) annuity!

A Roth IRA is most likely going to be a better box for your funds than a 403(b) of any sort.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.