Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Don't forget that you can deduct a portion of your phone expenses as well. You likely can open some tax deferred IRAs as a small business to reduce the tax bite. Regardless, I would take advantage of every income reducing deduction legally possible.

I would suggest that you have a good accountant help you out for the one year and use his/her ideas for future years. A good accountant can be wonderful in giving advice on deductions. My taxes have just become too complicated for me. I could learn what to do and save the $300 that an accountant will cost me. I keep very good records, which reduces the amount of time needed to complete my taxes, therefore costs. My other option was to learn what I needed at a cost of my time. I don't have the time to learn all the details, but I know that we can depreciate the cost of the vehicle, etc. It's worth my money to hire someone to help me out to save me time and avoid mistakes.

Just my .02.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.