Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Don't take this answer as the Gospel according to Donna, but I believe the interest only accumulates on those returns on which the IRS made an error or held up the return due to an IRS error, including asking for additional information.

In this case, it appears you had to file an amended return. So, I don't believe you would be eligible for interest on the refund. However, more than likely, someone with more knowledge than I can correct me.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.