Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I consider myself to be pretty organized and I have gone through various things. Pre-tech, I did use a Franklin organizer for at least a few years. Wrangling schedules for kids and work, it did serve its purpose. Now I have little to do for work other than putting trips on a calendar. I seem to do a mix of tech & paper. One thing I like about tech is putting ticklers on the calendar - like car registration or annual medical appointments where they won't schedule until 3 months before.

One other place I like tech is using my iPad to take meeting notes on visits and easily referring to the last notes which could be as long as a year before.

I do enjoy physically crossing an item off a list. I do seem to do elements of dot journaling but in separate places. The biggest enticement for me would be buying colored pens and different journals but I have to admit that I love buying that kind of stuff and it's all around here. Thanks to Marie Kondo, I won't be buying much more but what I have does give me joy.

Although I use tripit with a trial Pro subscription, there are still times on convoluted trips that I will put it on a spreadsheet & print it out to take along.

Is anyone doing dot journaling or trying it ? Willing to post about it ?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.