Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Dov, "once again, you are being argumentative, tone deaf, holier than thou, and somewhat obnoxious.

this is not the first time on this board, and on several other boards, that this has happened to you.

if you want to understand beliefs that people hold, and that you do not hold, it probably is a good idea to NOT ask them to explain things, and then denounce their explanations, and then ask more questions, and then denounce their answers again. it makes you seem like a jerk.

Steven and I disagree on many things, and in some ways I am probably closer to some of your opinions than his on various issues. But, I would rather debate and argue with him than I would with you because he doesnt go out of his way to be unpleasant, and even if you believe you don't do that, you really do.

please, take a breather for a while, ok? come back later and be more respectful of beliefs you dont share. and please dont start whining how you are just trying to learn. there are several people on this board, all knowledgeable and intelligent, on the right and on the left, religious and secular, who have answered your questions, but you just seem to skip over their answers or tear them apart.

Son, you need to take a class called 'Basic Discourse 101 ... How to debate with people without pissing them off'. You really, really need this."
Dr. Rick has done the same thing at the "Pet Lovers Board" at http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=112961 .Read ALL of the posts in the subject "generic post" at http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25483153&sort=whole .He has offended people on both the left and the right. He is a good vet and you can learn from him. That is why, some people have him in favorites. If I lived in his area, he might even be my vet. But he needs to change his whining, ugly ways, etc. In case, Dr. Rick does not know this, I am a Christian, a gentile, and an animal lover. I have friends at this board. That is why I visit and sometimes, post here. Dr. Rick you NEED to learn to let things go and quit insulting people. Teresa
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.