Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Down 6.5% today. I guess the market liked the deal with Icahn for a minute, but then changed its collective mind.

I really have little idea what to think.
The press release sounds more like the current round in an ongoing bun fight for control and a quick buck.

But hey, I do like this part of the plan, not that I believe it:
"The Company believes there are further accretive divestiture opportunities that will bring the
total yield of the accelerated transformation plan to approximately $10 billion of after-tax proceeds...
"

They don't say exactly how much of the company might be left over afterwards, but the market cap is $13bn at the moment, so it wouldn't have to be much.

Hmmm, that compelling-sounding arithmetic reminds me of CBI's announcement that they'd sell their Technology division...

Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.