Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Down 11 point and it's not even noon...This is just the beginning, what out for the free fall from here on...We were right! Again!

Linux?! RHAT?! What's that?
Print the post Back To Top
Down 11 point and it's not even noon...This is just the beginning, what out for the free fall from here on...We were right! Again!

Pipsqueak Piker! Berkshire Hathaway is down $600 a share. Are you going to short that too? Is this the end of Berkshire?
johnystarks writes:

I would like to invite people to revisit johnystarks comments on 8/26/99 6:36 PM:

It's a shame I can't get short on this thing yet (IPO<30) but, hopefully enough fools (no pun intended) will keep it at these levels (or higher, say 90?) and then... Oh boy, a short from 90 down to 3...RHAT is going to be another IRID, a haven for short sellers. A $6 billion market cap?! Selling "support" for freeware used by techies that know the stuff better than they do??? What?! HA HA HA HA, somebody help, my side hurts, I can't type anymore, my eyes are teary........

If you followed his advice then... guess what, you shorted the stock at about 78. The price is now 112 (up from a low of 105 3/4 earlier today).

It's always informative to read old postings from people who parade their predictive abilities.

If it was bad advice before, why should the advice be good now?

BlueAdept
He also tried to sell the fact that he didn't cover his "short position" even though the stock rose to $130/sh. JohnnyStarks' credibility is in the toilet as far as I'm concerned. He's blowing smoke up our operating system imo

Hey dude,

I thought this was the RHAT message board, not the day trading message board. Please actually _read_ the content on www.fool.com before you go around telling people to time the market.

I would also have to ask what you mean by right "again" but other people have already handled that better than
me.

"Down 11 point and it's not even noon...This is just the beginning, what out for the free fall from here on...We were right! Again!"

You're only right by coincidence. The market didn't do so well in general. The dollar's falling against the yen. Pretty impressive for something that used to have such a low price (500:1 yen:dollar ratio once upon a time).

Now, if RHAT drops a significant amount tomorrow and the market rises significantly (i.e. it does the opposite of other comparable stocks) then you might be on to something. But even one week is pretty short sighted. No pun intended :)

Rob Nelson
ronelson@vt.edu