Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 35

My March credit card payments have cleared and I'm happy to report that I'm finally down to Four Digit Debt!

shirehobbit *dancing an Irish Jig*

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Keep dancing,
I'll tune up the fidlle and play the Kesh Jig for you!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone!

No. of Recommendations: 0
My March credit card payments have cleared and I'm happy to report that I'm finally down to Four Digit Debt!

Good going, shirehobbit.
Do you have a debt chain? I wish I had made one at that point.
For some reason, I found the month that I hit $3k really depressing.

Onward!
Molly
shirehobbit *dancing an Irish Jig*

wahoo! I'll hoist another St. Patrick's Day Guinness for you!

MNgal
Shire,

You are going "down" even faster than you anticipated, leaving me in the dust.. it's okay though.. I'm VERY happy for you..... go under 10!!

Cherie
Great job shire,

Hey, just for a second look at last months total debt pay down. Time to drool just a bit. Soon, very soon it will all be yours. No stinking debt to crush. What will you do? What will you do? HaHa

OK, BACK TO WORK – next little milestone coming is the National family average for Credit Card debt, somewhere around 8-9K depending on who's survey you believe. So on too AVERAGE Hobbit, grab a cup of water and keep going, stop drooling over your snowball the 5K post is just around the bend.

Thanks for sharing Shire its so inspiring to see you breaking free of the CC debt. Big hug from the Midwest (((Shire)))

~
Roy (Who notes it only 6:55 in the morning, Time for a cat nap, with thoughts of another Fool Big Happy Dance that's a coming)
Go shire! (and doing the appropriate St. Patrick's Day dance... very nice!) I love reading your posts... they've really inspired me. Won't be long now until that debt is GONE! Awesome.

~Mary Anna
>> Good going, shirehobbit.

Thanks, Molly, :)

>> Do you have a debt chain? I wish I had made one at that point.

After reading your post I made one! What a project that turned out to be! *laughing* Everything was coming along just fine (I used a craft paper cutter because I cannot cut straight!) until it came time to link them. First I discovered that the gadget with the roll of glue dots was empty, then I tried an old glue bottle, but too much glue drowned the first link (turns out the tip was cemented into the cap with dried glue). I ended up stapling the links with a small stapler (it jammed up dozen times but it got the job done).

I'm guessing that most people would break a link each time they paid off a thousand dollars). I've decided to not break any links until every last dollar is paid off. I wrote "BREAK HERE" on two links and turned the chain into a paper necklace. At my Freedom Party I'm going to take off the "necklace" then break each link and finally share a custom made chocolate cake with friends!

>> For some reason, I found the month that I hit $3k really depressing.

*nodding* Some months it feels like you are never going to get it all paid off.

But today I feel like all things are possible!

shirehobbit

Thanks, Roy! :)

>> Soon, very soon it will all be yours. No stinking debt to crush. What will you do? What will you do? HaHa

Oh, I laready have my list of wants and needs. The trick is making sure that the needs are taken care of first.

>> OK, BACK TO WORK – next little milestone coming is the National family average for Credit Card debt, somewhere around 8-9K depending on who's survey you believe.

Funny you should write about this this,because yesterday I looked up the average and saw both 8 and 9k listed. *smile*

>> So on to AVERAGE Hobbit, grab a cup of water and keep going, stop drooling over your snowball the 5K post is just around the bend

This average hobbit is very much looking forward to that 5k bend.

>> Big hug from the Midwest (((Shire)))

Big hug from Northern California! {{{Roy}}}

>> Roy (Who notes it only 6:55 in the morning, Time for a cat nap, with thoughts of another Fool Big Happy Dance that's a coming)

Cat naps are good for humans. I see you are Foolish when it comes to your health also. :)

shirehobbit

Hi Cherie,

>> You are going "down" even faster than you anticipated, leaving me in the dust...

I'm sure that because you have more higher living expenses than I do.

>> go under 10!!

Thanks for the cheer! :)

Shire
Thanks, Roy! :)

>> Soon, very soon it will all be yours. No stinking debt to crush. What will you do? What will you do? HaHa

Oh, I laready have my list of wants and needs. The trick is making sure that the needs are taken care of first.

>> OK, BACK TO WORK – next little milestone coming is the National family average for Credit Card debt, somewhere around 8-9K depending on who's survey you believe.

Funny you should write about this this,because yesterday I looked up the average and saw both 8 and 9k listed. *smile*

>> So on to AVERAGE Hobbit, grab a cup of water and keep going, stop drooling over your snowball the 5K post is just around the bend

This average hobbit is very much looking forward to that 5k bend.

>> Big hug from the Midwest (((Shire)))

Big hug from Northern California! {{{Roy}}}

>> Roy (Who notes it only 6:55 in the morning, Time for a cat nap, with thoughts of another Fool Big Happy Dance that's a coming)

Cat naps are good for humans. I see you are Foolish when it comes to your health also. :)

shirehobbit

Shire,

Big hug from Northern Virginia {{KZ900}}
Your journey is a compelling story. Makes me want to watch the Rings and follow the hobbits again.
Keep up the good work.

KZ900
<< I'm finally down to Four Digit Debt! >>

I'm so thrilled for you, Shire! I just love to read Happy Dance events! You've been an inspiration for quite a while now.

My own debt is finally under 6 digits. I haven't been paying too much attention to my total number, since it's just too big to fit comfortably in my mind. I find it more comfortable to just watch the snowballed account's total drop. I noticed by accident yesterday that I'm under 90K.

If I were able to pay my entire yearly income to the debt, it would take a little more than 2 years to clear. But, as reality is hard to ignore, and eating is still on my needs list, I'll be sweating it out for a while longer than that.

When I get depressed and feel like the river will sweep me away, it's the Happy Dance posts like yours that keep me going.

Thanks, and Congratulations!

Penny
Many congratulations shirehobbit!

You make me think that I too can attain Four-Digit status. Alas, I'm still at the point where any one card less than 10K becomes a four-digit victory.

Still, it seems to be an important psychological boost to conceive of debt in thousands rather than tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands.
No. of Recommendations: 1
This really is cool. I will be so glad when we reach this point. We are still working on getting under $100k. It will take us a while, but we'll get there too.
yay!

Good for you!

You are in the home stretch now!