Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
From First IB

Response (Nicole) - 07/27/2002 10:30 AM
I would recommend that for Quicken 2000 you use the QFX (Quicken Financial Exchange) file format instead of the QIF. This is the same as the "WebConnect" file format.

Before you download, please try the following:

Open Quicken
Bring up the account register for the account you want to use for your download
Click on the tab called "Overview" on the far right side of the screen, next to the tab called "Register"
Click on the Account Number and insert a hyphen ( - ) between the sixth and seventh numbers (i.e., XXXXXXXXX becomes XXXXXX-XXX)
Change Online Account Access from Enabled to Available, Not Enabled
Click on Enabled
When asked if you want to disable the service, select "Yes"
When you are warned that you are about to delete setup information, select "OK"
Online Account Access should now be displayed as "Available, Not Enabled"
Log in to your account through our online banking system and go to the Account Export screen
Select your account, your date range, and the Quicken format (QIF or QFX) for the version of Quicken you are using
A window will pop up asking you to select which account you want to import information into. The account you just disabled should appear for you to select. Once selected, this will "Enable" your account again for Online Account Access.
Future downloads to this account will automatically go to this account without prompting.
Repeat these steps for each account you hold with First IB

I downloaded from 7-1-02 to 7-27-02 as I normally would and also got a bunch of repeats. I'm hoping that is a one time thing and that next time will work more smoothly. Also note that she said the overview button is on the far right side of the screen. It isn't it is on the left. I also got the windows dialog box asking if I wanted to open the file or save it to a file. Hopefully that doesn't happen each time. I really have to wonder what happened between Fibi and Metavante to cause this whole mess.

UKBB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.