No. of Recommendations: 14
It seems that in 1988, Beto O'Rourke had fantasies he liked to share. The now somewhat infamous fantasy of running down school children with his car has a particularly psychotic flavor that I'm sure will be a delight to his followers....

The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were. I soon quit my job,
and stayed at my house in an almost comatose state. My dreams grew longer
and more vivid. They kept me alive and proved to be the only thing
to live for. I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third
birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.

http://textfiles.com/groups/CDC/visions.crusade

His response to this today? "It was stuff that I was a part of as a teenager that I’m not proud of today, and I mean that’s the long and short of it.”

Anybody else entertain such psychotic thoughts...at any age?
He sounds like he may be 70 years too late. In 1936 he could have taken his dreams to Heinrich Himmler, who would probably made him a Captain in the SS. He'd have been a good fit.

Clearly, a highly qualified psycho, worthy of this nation's highest office.

And lest we forget, he racked up 4,045,632 votes in the 2018 TX senate race, representing 48.3% of those who voted.

Full Article:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-wrote-murder-f...

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
"It was stuff that I was a part of as a teenager that I’m not proud of today, and I mean that’s the long and short of it.” - Beto O'Rourke
----------------------------------

When I was a teenager I daydreamed about skin diving, spearfishing, hunting & fishing, camping out on an island up at Lake Lanier up above Atlanta, Georgia, and taking trips to Florida to fish and skin dive and spearfish. When I turned 16 years old I got a job at Burger King in Chamblee, GA, and when I was in 11th grade I finally started dating. I was the Biology Lab Assistant for Mr. Ponder my 10th grade Biology teacher which meant I could wander around the school without a hall pass.

I started working at Burger King in 10th grade, and in 12th grade also got a job at Briarcliff Village Theater. I also took advanced Biology in 11th grade with Mrs. Thornton. Her husband was in Medical School at Emory University. We had a student Teacher from Emory University (Miss Massey) and she told me she thought I knew more about Biology than she did. If it was anything about cutting up or taking animals apart I was all over that. Miss Massey was really cute and one day she gave me a ride home from school. I had all kinds of thoughts going through my mind about that. <grin>

I was a huge Petula Clark fan in high school, listened to Neil Diamond sing Solitary Man, and also listened to Ed Ames and Simon and Garfunkel. I was a weird kid but I still like to hunt and fish and cut up animals and eat them. Let's just say "I know how to skin the rabbit."

Art
No. of Recommendations: 14
"And lest we forget, he racked up 4,045,632 votes in the 2018 TX senate race, representing 48.3% of those who voted."

that was before all this info on Bay-Toe....oops, Beto, aka Robert Francis O'Rouke, 100% Irish decent......came out

In fact, a deal was done to hide the info until after the election.......

I'm sure there is even more stuff out there that will surface....

and his excuse? I was 16 at the time.....

Duh, and the democrats passed a House resolution calling for insane, immature 16 year olds like him getting to vote in the next election.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Clearly, a highly qualified psycho, worthy of this nation's highest office."

You know you are a nutter if the words of a candidate matter from 30 years ago when he was a still developing teenager filled with the usual thoughts of teenage angst and pushing of boundaries, but the recorded words of a candidate who was a fully grown adult getting off a bus bragging about sexually assaulting women do not matter.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The 1968 movie "Wild in the Streets" had the following song demanding a 14 year old voting age:

"Fourteen or Fight."

In the movies, the mainstream Democratic Senate candidate proposed a compromise "Sixteen and Ready," about where the Democrats are today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVMvHjAEBD4

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLwV2xafpk

Here's the liberal political wet dream, in which teenagers take over the government and put those over thirty in concentrations camps.

"Wild In the Streets" a movies from 1968 ----and perhaps 2020 if liberals had their way?

With proposals for a sixteen year old voting age and eight new Supreme Court Justices appointed by a Democratic President ---why not?

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 2
Quite frankly going back to candidate's or judge's childhood to
evaluate whether the person is capable of performing effectively
as an elected or appointed profession seems more than a little
off base.

Howie52
People grow and change as they age - and children's views are not
adult's views.

Besides - the guy can be judged based on his current statements as
quite a poor choice for any elected position.
No. of Recommendations: 4
<<Quite frankly going back to candidate's or judge's childhood to
off base.>>

Does that mean you think that accusations against Judge Kavanaugh's activities as a young man were off base as well?

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 9
<Does that mean you think that accusations against Judge Kavanaugh's activities as a young man were off base as well?>

That all depends on who the intended target is.

With Beto: it is wrong.

With Kavanaugh: bring it all on.

You may notice that with the top three elected officials in the state of Virginia, even the most recent and specific claims of sexual assault against the Lt governor did not result in him being removed from office. Regarding the governor, while his law school yearbook photos may be 30+ years old, they were actually selected by him. There cannot possibly be any "I had no idea such photos existed or how they ended up on my page" defense.

It all comes down to how the media selectively frames a particular story.

I read an article the other day in our local paper. It was on federal subsidies of electric vehicles. While one may have an opinion on either side, the person who railed against ending or reducing the subsidies carried on far too much with blaming Trump for everything related to the issue. I stopped reading what he wrote and looked for a description of who this fool was. At the end of his piece he described himself as a "progressive journalist". Of course there is no such thing. Now one may be a passionate advocate for progressive causes. However, as soon as you become that, you are no longer a journalist, unless you decide to redefine the word.

There is always room for opinion pieces in a newspaper or a news broadcast. They should be clearly defined as such and not permanently find their way into almost every news story presented to the public.

In that same Sunday paper I mentioned (which BTW is the only statewide newspaper left in NJ) there was an innocent looking piece about the last lines in 15 well known novels. I figured that it was not a political piece. I was wrong. One of them featured the last line of Orwell's 1984 and the writer drew a direct parallel to America under a Trump presidency. Are you kidding me? I never realized that Trump was a totalitarian figure who ruled everything we did, felt and thought.

One common thread in all of this is that our paper (The Star Ledger) has less than half of its articles written by their own staff. Most of them have a byline from the Washington Post. We all know just how fair and open minded they are.

All I can say is that one should always have their BS detectors fully operational whenever they read or watch anything that comes from our so called mainstream media. Fake news is the dandelion of the media world except that it is to be found year round rather than seasonally.

BG
"<<Quite frankly going back to candidate's or judge's childhood to
off base.>>

Does that mean you think that accusations against Judge Kavanaugh's activities as a young man were off base as well?

Seattle Pioneer "

Yes.
The Kavanaugh hearings were theater of the absurd - and would have been based on
the testimony of the lady making the charge.

Howie52
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Does that mean you think that accusations against Judge Kavanaugh's activities as a young man were off base as well?"

Except for the fact that alcoholism does not suddenly change with maturity, yo umight actually have a point.
Quite frankly going back to candidate's or judge's childhood to
off base.

Is 15 - 16 childhood? This isn't a 3 year old.

Not sure how much of the basics you understand about mental illness. In my early life, I worked as a PA and for a time worked with the mentally ill, tracking their treatment and progress with MH nurses. Just out of curiosity, I sent the above public testimonial from BO to a retired MH nurse friend. Her response is this definitely suggests mental illness that were it made public today, would have that 15 - 16 year old placed on psychiatric involuntarily hold for an evaluation.

Now, maybe nothing would come of it, but maybe it would find true mental illness. We'll see how much of a factor this plays as his campaign moves forward.

BruceM