Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I continue to be very impressed with Bravo's coverage. I've seen probably 6 hours or so of Equestrian coverage which is far more than I've ever seen before, and the commentators know their stuff. For the past two days I have been enjoying team Dressage coverage. This is Grand Prix Dressage and I just never, ever see it on television, so I am very excited. The team dressage is over, with the US winning the bronze, but the individual competition is tomorrow. One thing that I really like about this sport is that the competitors are older - the youngest I saw today was 26 and competitors in their 50's are not uncommon. If you've ever wanted to see horses dance, tune in to Bravo tomorrow and check it out:)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've seen probably 6 hours or so of Equestrian coverage which is far more than I've ever seen before, and the commentators know their stuff.

I've been finding that there's WAY better coverage on all the NBC affiliates (Bravo, USA, CNBC, MSNBC) than on NBC itself.

NBC is doing the same thing they've always done--chop down the entire day and show the highlights, focusing heavily on American achievements and medal ceremonies. I've seen several non-American medal ceremonies on MSNBC/CNBC, and they've been really good about showing events in their entirety.

I love satellite + Tivo.

--WP
my only wish is that they would show the events at a "normal" hour. I stayed awake last night/this morning to see the Dressage at 4am. I am pleased that we are able to see more than an hour, but watching it is become detrimental to my sleep schedule

GTBG
I've been finding that there's WAY better coverage on all the NBC affiliates (Bravo, USA, CNBC, MSNBC) than on NBC itself.

NBC is doing the same thing they've always done--chop down the entire day and show the highlights, focusing heavily on American achievements and medal ceremonies. I've seen several non-American medal ceremonies on MSNBC/CNBC, and they've been really good about showing events in their entirety.

I agree 100%. I'm really annoyed with NBC tonight; I've been waiting for the Women's Super Heavyweight Weightlifting which was scheduled to be shown during the NBC broadcast from 12:30-2 am this morning. They didn't show it AT ALL, just the 30 second result in the wrapup. I'm not sure what the reasoning was - probably that Cheryl Haworth came in 6th - she's one of my favorite athletes, though, and I would have still enjoyed seeing her compete even if she didn't win. Probably I won't have another chance to see her for another 4 years.

Bring back ABC and Jim McKay, I say.

my only wish is that they would show the events at a "normal" hour. I stayed awake last night/this morning to see the Dressage at 4am. I am pleased that we are able to see more than an hour, but watching it is become detrimental to my sleep schedule

But it is the live coverage that makes it better. They can't pick and choose and only show highlights.

I just record it and watch when I get home.

It gets very little media coverage so I am not worried about spoilers, and basically I just like to watch the horses do their thing and really don't pay attention to the countries.

(Oh, and I hate the stupid woman at the desk doing the segue from one sport to the next. She actually made the "why the long face" joke.)