No. of Recommendations: 1
This one's starting to look prime. They're supposed to finally go into production next year and supposedly revenues will jump from around zero to around 4.5 million. So a buy here is a bet on how well they execute that plan. It's hard to say why they went as high as $17 or why they have fallen so precipitously back to nearly $4 as nothing fundamental has really changed that much along the way. I guess it's mainly just speculative momentum - and right now the mo is on the downside and there's undoubtedly some capitulation going on. I'll probably make a small bet down here somewhere that mo will turns yet again...over the next 12 months...and that they do at least an adequate job of executing their plan.....I'd like to see $3, but I'll play it by ear...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'd like to see $3, but I'll play it by ear...

Concur.

I'm not sure that capitulation is going on, as much as just end of year tax selling. Wish it would drag it down more, but it looks not.

jp
Wish it would drag it down more, but it looks not.

It got a dead-cat bounce but the slide is continuing - $3 looking very possible...
$3 looking very possible...

$2.81 and falling. This one's definitely got momentum. I really didn't think it would fall to the last level of support around $2 and/or the all time low at $1.42 but now, that looks possible. If the market gets weak in general, who knows how low it could go. Then again, one very positive news item could send them up 100% in a day. Still watching.

Hey Jim - I first start watching DSTI because I thought they had the potential to take some significant portion of the solar cell business with their "photovoltaic foil" CIGS process. I haven't looked closely lately, but at one time they were about the only US based company seriously pursuing that technology - do you (or anyone else) know if the fundamentals of that market or the competition in the CIGS niche (or the CIGS potential) has changed - it's just that the severity of this decline makes me wonder if this might be more than speculative momentum...if "the market" is re-evaluating DSTI and maybe re-evaluating the potential for CIGS to be a competitive technology - before they've even begun to mass produce a product.

http://www.daystartech.com/technology.cfm
Interesting thread from a technical trader:

http://tinyurl.com/ybpotq

Bottom line: He's buying down the falling knife expecting a bounce within 2 months. Others are laughing. Who's right? Who knows?

-Axl
They are broke; and have been unable - as yet - to find a backer that will stick around.

http://tinyurl.com/u6xfy

Note the end, where Walter Nasdeo says something better happen pretty soon for them.

jp

Note the end, where Walter Nasdeo says something better happen pretty soon for them.

so it looks like Mr. Market is discounting the possibility that DSTI will survive at all. If they get news that they have secured financing, they could triple overnight, but I think I've decided that it's too risky for me...you get better odds in Las Vegas...<g>...
At this point, I agree. Not only has the technology been discounted due to lack of funding...but they clearly have had management/execution issues, Barring bringing in someone from the outside with a track record - something they aren't doing-- it looks like it is 100% risk right now, since they have problems, but no apparently significant changes are being made, as yet.

jp
Up 20% this morning - is something up or is this just evidence that turds bounce? I might go ahead and dip my toes on the off chance that somebody actually does know something...
Back down 11% as of 2:30 EDT on more than double average volume. No news? I can understand this is a profit taking selloff from yesterday, but what was up yesterday? --Axl
Back down 11% as of 2:30 EDT on more than double average volume. No news? I can understand this is a profit taking selloff from yesterday, but what was up yesterday? --Axl

I have no idea. Lot's of speculation over on the Yahoo board. Either some news leaked to a few people that DSTI has secured financing or at least is able to make the next note payment, or a few market manipulators came in and bid the stock up, then everyone else jumped on the bandwagon thinking (like I did) that someone does know something. Just goes to show what could happen if news really does come out one way or the other - that they've secured financing or that they're facing BK....
what a wild ride...