Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
dtrade wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone heard Bob Brinker reccommend his "Strategic Asset Allocation" concept this weekend
and what you thought about it.

I didn't listen to the particular show you asked about. However, I don't rate Bob Brinker very highly. He's shown his ignorance on more than one occasion. I once listened to him counsel a caller on estate planning and he was completely wrong. It was a subject not in his field and he should have said so. Instead he gave what will turn out to be very bad advice, if the person who was asking his opinion relied on it.

Incidentally, he was telling this person how she wouldn't pay up to 70-80% taxes on her estate after death. What he failed to take into account was that if the assets were in a retirement account, the estate taxes plus the income taxes could very well eat up that much of the estate.

As for his "money talk", I don't think much of that either. He's boring and monotonous and impressed with his own perceived importance. There are better ways to learn and fool.com is one of them.

My Not So Humble Opinion....
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.