No. of Recommendations: 0
Duma,

I believe my inference came from Docusign's CEO himself discussing how the competitive environment will be different (more difficult as there are larger competitors than they are - and Adobe was mentioned with their enterprise software). I will have to do some more digging, perhaps tonight. I Wass multi-tasking at the time.

They key take away for me was that Docusign wold be a new and smaller player in the SoA market and the competitive nature of the market would be different than the lack of competition in the eSignature market that Docusign dominates.

There also may be an article that went into more detail regarding the SpringCM acquisition and discussed Adobe in context. But no, I have not found any specific information about Adobe's SoA product, if any. I do note that Adobe is not in the Forester report, but neither is Docusign, so I do not know if the is material at this point in time.

Salesforces' close relationship with Docusign seems to be closer (and better coordinated and more synergistic) than VMWare's relationship with Pivotal. That says a lot given that Salesforce does not own Docusign unlike Dell owning both VMWare and Pivotal.

I think the key here is, as you mentioned, you just have to let things play out. Either Docusign is going to continue to build value in the firm or it is not, and like a typical investment value is built overtime, year by year, not necessarily overnight.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.