Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Dunno why you couldn't turn your geekhood into rent-a-nerd consulting, though. So, your current specialty is software for the printing industry. BFD. Can you diagnose most PC problems? Swap components? Chat with people to find out what their tech problems are, help them find solutions? Hmmmm?

I think this is a short-lived solution at best. Most people dump their computers when they have problems. After all, with a Dell desktop with monitor for about $500, it is quickly becoming disposable technology. And while you may have a lot of software-related configurations and fixes to do, the majority of people will not understand why they paid $500 for a computer and then have to pay $100 for two hours of training or fixing. After all, you don't buy a car and then pay for driving lessons. I think it would be better to cater to small businesses, but you run into the same problems. I would need at least 20 hours of work each week at $50 per hour just to start to make it worth the time. Given the above circumstances, I don't think you'd get much repeat business either... of course, I could be totally off base with my observations. Anybody else is free to chime in.

I'm now researching scrapbooking supply stores. Of course, I can't tell if being a man would be a positive or a negative. I have always been artistically inclined. I won my fair share of art shows in my youth and have years of work experience doing computer graphics, which could be a value-added service for professional photo retouching.

baldguy13
-thoughts?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.