Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So I hear the DV service is going away and I'm not at all clear about what support I'll be getting to either unwind or continue the several positions I'm holding based on DV recs (I'm a One member, if that matter). Can anybody clarify how that's supposed to proceed?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'll be producing a final report that outlines my current thinking on each company as well as what you should look for in the future.

Also if you're a One member you'll be able to see my continuing "analyst insights" by using the DV filter (coming soon) in the screening tool.

Best,
Ron
No. of Recommendations: 7
Ron: I'm not terribly surprised but I am sorry to hear this is happening. While the actual results of this port have trailed the broader market I've enjoyed the service and more importantly the perspective on the DV approach. As part of portfolio diversification and a small part of total holdings I'm fine with the "under-performance", in other market conditions it might have gone differently. Also as a charter MDP member I'm sorry to see you leaving the ranks of "active advisor", I've appreciated your work over the years.

I still hold the entire DV active portfolio (yes including ZINC back from HG rec days). Is there any chance that you can continue to be extremely explicit in your buy-sell recs on the One boards? I'm a One member and would appreciate if you would almost continue to run this as a port. I'm not asking you to continue forever--that's a ton of work. But just over the next year or three as you unwind the current positions. Is something like this possible?

Sorry to see this day...Thinkingbig
No. of Recommendations: 4
Thinkingbig,

Thanks for the kind words.

I think we're still figuring out what the continued coverage will look like. I will continue to update my thoughts and post them on the individual ticker pages for each company. There typically isn't much news for our DV companies so this will likely be done on a quarterly basis.

If I think Fools should exit a position I think I will be able to communicate that in the ticker page updates. I won't be recommending adding to any positions though.

I'll also be available on the One boards to answer questions and provide guidance.

Best,
Ron
No. of Recommendations: 3
Ron-- You're a class act! I'll miss DV but hope to continue to see you at One meetings and elsewhere.

Going back to the beginning of my MDP days, you've helped me grow from a dart thrower to an investor.

All best!!

Neil
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Neil.

Hope to see you soon.

Best,
Ron