Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
dw & Mike

Although RMBS was carried on the shoulders of Intel, I do not believe that RMBS is a "Paper Gorilla" by any stretch of the imagination. They have innovative IP backed by patents. If Intel did not push RMBS it certainly wouldn't be where it is today. Why? Because we don't need it today. Other technologies will do just fine for now. But we will need RMBS tomorrow. When multi-processing is common place. When we receive vast amounts of streaming information from our always on connections to then internet. When you're sending digital videos of your kids you edited on your home pc to grandma on the other side of the country.

If Intel did not force the issue on RMBS, no memory chip maker would make the necessary investment early enough (if at all). Without Intel, two years from now, when we realize we need RMBS type performance, it would take another two years to ramp up production. I think Intel is wise to carry this young gorilla on its shoulders at this time. It will be needed sooner than you think.

Oh yeah, I'm long on RMBS. :)
bj
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.