No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey all,

I work in the diabetes industry so I know and follow Dexcom.

Their Q3 in a word: STRONG. Really. I mean, really, really strong.

Here is a link to the conference call: http://seekingalpha.com/article/1814892-dexcoms-ceo-discusse...

Quick notes:

- Revenue: $42.5 MM, up 101% year over year
- Gross margin: 65%, also very, very good
- Record patient adds and sensor sales
- 6M in total loss, but $9.5 MM was non cash. Hence they actually made $3.5 MM in the quarter.
- Adding 20 more reps, bringing total of 90 territories before year end
- Filed PMA supplement for G4 platinum to be used on the professional end
- Hoping for pediatric approval before year end
- Animas vibe doing additional testing, hoping to send to FDA by end of January
- Working with tandem on next gen tandem/dexcom. No filing date yet

Terry Gregg on the Medtronic Enlite sensor (recently launced by medtronic to better compete with DXCM):
- Since our accuracy is what matters and multiple independent studies, our G4 PLATINUM sensors anywhere from 40% to 70% more accurate than the new Medtronic’s sensor.
- And just lastly, at the Diabetes Technology Meeting in San Francisco, Dr. Gary Steil presented competitive sensor data, as part of the study examining the use of CGM in critically ill infants reporting an MARD for the in light of 17.8%, and an extremely high 81% early failure rate.

Obviously, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt, but still its nice to hear.

Add all this up, and DXCM is trading 22% higher today, to an all time high of $33.50.

Brian
SA/RB Welcome Fool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.