Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I want to e-file a tax return for a family member. This taxpayer does not have enough deductions to itemize, so they will be taking the standard deduction. That said, Schedule A does have some deductions listed on it as a result of the return preparation process. Now, Schedule A does not print when you print the return, but I was wondering what will happen when the return is e-filed. Perhaps, I should delete Schedule A before e-filing? Anyone have a standard procedure for this situation?

Thanks in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Schedule A does not print when you print the return, but I was wondering what will happen when the return is e-filed. Perhaps, I should delete Schedule A before e-filing? Anyone have a standard procedure for this situation?

Don't worry about it. The software will send what you're seeing on the 1040.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 0
I want to e-file a tax return for a family member. This taxpayer does not have enough deductions to itemize, so they will be taking the standard deduction. That said, Schedule A does have some deductions listed on it as a result of the return preparation process. Now, Schedule A does not print when you print the return, but I was wondering what will happen when the return is e-filed. Perhaps, I should delete Schedule A before e-filing? Anyone have a standard procedure for this situation?

Just file the return as is. There are indicators within the e-file which indicate whether the return should be processed with a standard or itemized deduction. Any "extra" data is ignored.

Ira