Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have recently started drawing a pension from a former employer while continuing fulltime employment elsewhere. I will not be in any need of these funds for 18 to 48 months. I am looking for thoughts/ideas as to how to invest these funds.

Currently I have a self-directed IRA, 401k and individual brokerage accounts that contain some mutual funds (Vanguard 500 Index and Balanced Index), some Rule-Breakers, Rule-Makers, Foolish Four and employer stock.

Thoughts from Fools very much appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
It depends on how large the payments are, but in many cases it would make sense to accumulate them probably in money markets, interest paying checking account or a brokerage account to make larger more economical stock transactions.

The timeframe you mention is relatively short for stock investments, but you seem experienced in those areas and may know some stocks you are comfortable with. Index funds seem a reasonable alternative.

If your timeframe has some flexibility, stocks become more attractive. Otherwise, parking the funds in a CD could be safest. Bonds of appropriate maturities could be used, but because interest rates are trending up at the moment, CD's are a better choice.
Print the post Back To Top