Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
You can now buy and download Turbotax for tax year 2018. I actually did it late last week, with the knowledge that not all modules were ready.

So last week, TT, estimated my taxes owed at about $298. Got the first set of updates today, re-ran results, and I'm looking at a repayment of about $3,500. There are still some modules not ready yet, so particularly if you itemize, its still way early to be running Turbotax.

**Notes - I started early to better get a handle on a planned Roth conversion.
I realized after my earlier pass (showing owe $298) that the error was likely in part, due to the child tax credit module.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
It was discussed on the Intuit Premium Board that given the tax reform of 2017, there are some aspects that are not expected to be ready until January. They are suggesting that early filers may want to wait until February at least to make sure the software is fully and correctly handling all the new rules.

Fuskie
Who expects comparing 2018 taxes to previous years is going to be especially difficult since there are so many changes...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), SodaStream (SODA), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), Mongo DB (MDB)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: http://tinyurl.com/FoolCode
Print the post Back To Top