No. of Recommendations: 0
I get the week end edition only of the WSJ, mainly for general reading only.

Anyways, June 7-8 edition, page C-1, article entitled "The Best Places to Stash Your Cash"..

There is mention of Salem Five Direct, EverBank paying 1%, Barclay and Synchrony Bank paying 2.3% on 5-year CD's.

What got my attention was mention of earning 5 and 6% on pre-paid credit cards, with FDIC Insurance. There are usually fees that will bite into this return, but net return was still a very high rate. The article mentions Mango Financial, Netspend, and Wallethub.com for comparative shopping. The FDIC coverage is what really surprises me.

Some of these pre paid cards get linked to your savings accout.

This is all new to me, I don't know anything about these other than what I just skimmed in the article.. Don't forget the fine print.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.