No. of Recommendations: 67
With my companies starting to report their Q3 numbers in a couple weeks, here's a look at what the PS ratios would be if they simply hit their revenue guidance (which would be the worst most of these have done in years).

Ticker FWD P/S
SMAR 17.7
MDB 17.9
TWLO 15.8
ESTC 16.5
AYX 20.5
TTD 15.9
ZS 19.0
CRWD 25.5
PINS 13.9
DDOG 29.4

DDOG and CRWD may still look expensive, but recall that they are growing 60% to 100% faster than most everything else.

AYX still might not look cheap, but recall that they are profitable and that their gross margins are something like 90%!

Remember that margins and revenue growth rate are important for all these, as are many other things. TTD looks cheap by the one number given above, but they are growing a little slower than everything else. Still, they are very profitable, and PE is around 63. Not too shabby!

The real take-away for me is how far we've come. A couple months ago ZS's PS ratio was over 40. CRWD's was over 60! SMAR and MDB were near 30 and AYX was over 30. ESTC and TWLO were mid 20's.

"Look what the market is offering you for pennies on the dollar!" sounds like something a snake-oil salesman would say, and it's the kind of thing that people bristle at, especially those who see us as lunatics and read this board just to shake their heads at us.

There, I've said it for them. And yes, take it for what it's worth. Things can always go lower; I'd never deny that. But for my part, I really do think this is the time to buy. I mean look how far we've come!

Bear
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.