Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 22
Thesis on the Theory of Entropy

A Random stimulus is introduced into a system...say something like a post regarding the callous, off-hand dismissal of options as an investing tool.

Dozens of sympathetic voices join the call to arms. A new staff member sees the discontent and composes a 2 part dissertation on the misconceptions being cast about.

Options become what appears to be a legitimate matter for debate on a Rulemaker Strategy board, due to the attention given in the Portfolio's prime real estate.

All degenerates into chaos as any recollection of a focused topic vanishes into the aether.

Allow me to add another voice to help speed the gradual trend toward chaos...

What attracts me to the Rulemaker strategy is the emphasis on finding great companies that I can buy, hold, and add to regularly, until I'm so wealthy I don't need to worry about money anymore. Why would I ever want to sell a covered call and have someone take away my ownership from me?

All this discussion about writing puts and straddles and strangles and such doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially on this board. Rulemaker strategy is all about QuaVa. Any entry strategy, of which several seem to have been discussed, would seem to be focused on squeezing a few more bucks out of the beginning of an investment. I'm really more focused on the end of the investment, and let me paraphrase, when I am so wealthy my biggest concern will be who will benefit from my benevolence.

If my eyes weren't so durn sore from the hundreds of posts about the Evil Empire in Redmond and the Evils of ignoring options, I'd be amused that we could've gone so far off topic.

Mike, A Fool from Chicago
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.