Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Good Lord...this burrito must be 2-3 pounds. $9 buckeroos.....barbacoa meat, quality seasoned rice, diced tomatoes, guacamole, cheese, two types of salsa, lettuce.

Haven't had one in a couple of years. Can't finish the darn thing.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know where every Chipotle in Central Florida is located. I LOVE THOSE BURRITOS!
I know where every Chipotle in Central Florida is located. I LOVE THOSE BURRITOS!

Yay Orlando!! Great state....Florida.

I've been Miami (South Beach), Orlando (twice during high school to Walt Disney World), Melborne (for Six Sigma company training) and last year to Boca Raton/Ft Lauderdale for two weeks of work.

Want to visit Key West one day...Art says it's a swell place. I believe him.
"Good Lord...this burrito must be 2-3 pounds. $9 buckeroos.....barbacoa meat, quality seasoned rice, diced tomatoes, guacamole, cheese, two types of salsa, lettuce. Haven't had one in a couple of years. Can't finish the darn thing." aolf

We're making burritos at Mi-ma's house tomorrow evening. I all ready mashed up the pinto beans. I volunteered to cut up the veggies, shred the lettuce, dice onions, tomatoes, chop some cilantro, and shred some cheddar cheese. I need to run to Kroger's tomorrow and buy a container or sour cream too. I got some canned black olives in our pantry.

Art
Yay Orlando!! Great state....Florida.

I've been Miami (South Beach), Orlando (twice during high school to Walt Disney World), Melborne (for Six Sigma company training) and last year to Boca Raton/Ft Lauderdale for two weeks of work.

Want to visit Key West one day...Art says it's a swell place. I believe him." - aolf

I bet I've been to Florida over a hundred times. Heck I lived in Vero Beach, Florida for a year and half. I think I've been to the Florida Keys about 17 times. We used to go almost every year. Started going there when I was a kid. Learned to snorkel in the Keys. I think it was on Big Pine Key in a hole cut out of the coral. They used the crushed coral to build the road.

I remember one time going to St. Petersburg and staying in a small cottage with my dad and stepmother. One visit to my grandfather that lived in Tamap. Numerous times to Panama City Beach, Southbeach Miami, Jacksonville, Daytona, Melbourne, Ft. Lauderdale, most recently Orlando, stayed in Gainesville, Florida for a few days when my little Honda broke down there.....

good memories!

Artie
I lived in the Melbourne area through Junior High and High School. Actually, Satellite Beach. Been in Florida since 1980 and have never been to Key West, so no worries... :-)
"I lived in the Melbourne area through Junior High and High School. Actually, Satellite Beach. Been in Florida since 1980 and have never been to Key West, so no worries." - ferjen

I lived in Vero Beach for about a year and half way back in the early 1970's. I really liked it there but my family were all back in Georgia so I moved back and went to the University of Georgia. After I was married we tried moving to Florida but we never could get hired down there.

My wife tried the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL a couple of times and I tried some of the animal labs in Miami but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I do love visiting there though. We have had a lot of nice vacations in Florida.

Art
Good Lord...this burrito must be 2-3 pounds. $9 buckeroos.....barbacoa meat, quality seasoned rice, diced tomatoes, guacamole, cheese, two types of salsa, lettuce.

Haven't had one in a couple of years. Can't finish the darn thing.

Nine dollars? I get a vegetarian burrito plus a small soda, and I only pay $8.64 after tax.

Then again, they don't charge extra for guacamole on the veggie burritos, only on the meat ones.

I typically get one made with brown rice, black beans, a bit of those green peppers/onions, two salsas (diced tomatoes - mild, roasted chili corn - medium), sour cream and cheese both, and a dab of guacamole.

They don't quite fill me up like they used to, however... I suspect they're not as big as they used to be, but I can't prove it.

I think tomorrow I'll head back to the falafel place that I visited on Monday, and get one of their falafel bowls.

The Chipotle I go to is on a very busy streetcorner on Chicago's North Side -- Belmont and Broadway -- and has lots of windows. I love the peoplewatching there almost as much as I love the food... all those gay boys and hipsters and such. <grin>
"Nine dollars? I get a vegetarian burrito plus a small soda, and I only pay $8.64 after tax" - andrew

$8.64 for a burrito? What is it made of gold? It's beans and a flour tortilla for god's sake! I don't care what they put on it, it ain't worth $8.64!

And that's why I don't like going out to eat Mexican food. No value. A bunch of cheap ingredients with a big price tag attached.

Artie
$8.64 for a burrito? What is it made of gold? It's beans and a flour tortilla for god's sake! I don't care what they put on it, it ain't worth $8.64!

And that's why I don't like going out to eat Mexican food. No value. A bunch of cheap ingredients with a big price tag attached.

Artie

No, the burrito itself is $6.25. The rest is for the small soda (I get the brewed unsweetened iced tea and take as many refills as I want) plus the 9.75 percent sales tax.

When I first retired 12 years ago, I got that meal for quite a bit less, but that's inflation for you... what can you do.
"No, the burrito itself is $6.25. The rest is for the small soda (I get the brewed unsweetened iced tea and take as many refills as I want) plus the 9.75 percent sales tax. When I first retired 12 years ago, I got that meal for quite a bit less, but that's inflation for you... what can you do." Andrew
-------------------------

Bonnie's nephew and his wife are in town to attend a wedding and a bunch of her family were at Mi-ma's house for dinner tonight. We had a great dinner. I fixed three fried squirrels and a piece of venison loin and there were baked potatoes and salad and sour cream, shredded cheese, black and green olives, chili con queso, green onions, fancy lettuce, white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, and macaroni and cheese, and Mi-ma made a homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream and there was some kind of orange cake with nuts and stuff in it and everything was so delicious. It was awesome.

Artie