Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a 401K from a former employer that I wish to roll over to an IRA.

The desire to rollover is due to a disproportional amount of my total net worth being in the stock of my former employer. Part of this 401K was funded with after tax contributions.

I have had many hours of discussions about this with the local Edward Jones representative. He has almost persuaded me to roll it into their "Advisory Solutions" product.

Does anyone out there have any money in "Advisory Solutions"? Does anyone know of any reasons that this would be a stupid thing to do?

I am going to meet with a CPA to see what the possibilities are with regard to doing a Roth conversion, either with just the after tax portion or by using the after tax contributions to pay the taxes for converting the rest of it.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.