Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone used efax.com instead of having a fax machine? comments on the experience and would you recommend it? Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Yes, I have used efax for several years. I do not use their send facility, only receive. I have a data/fax modem in my computer & use WinFaxPro to create & send faxes. I like this because WinFaxPro actually does an excellent job of assembling fax page attachments from multiple sources. Then, I give out my efax number for in bound faxes only.

For several years the inbound service was free. Actually, it may still be free as long as your volume is low enough. Anyway, I exceeded the inbound fax volume amount of 50 or 80 pages a month and now I pay efax $9.95 per month for essentially unlimited inbound volume and a local areas code number.

I would say that I am pleased with their service, it always works. Only one complaint --- sometimes the local area code fax server (in area code 303 in this case) must get backed up and there is a lag (10 -20 minutes) between whenever the fax sender is done sending and I actually receive the email from efax.

TheBadger
Thanks, that is very helpful.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Has anyone used efax.com instead of having a fax machine? comments on the experience and would you recommend it?

I use their free service. Out of area-area code, but with the proliferation of new area codes and low long distance charges nobody cares. Good service. One bonus is that I get an electronic version of the fax that I file on my computer with other records (I backup my computer!). It's a lot better than filing pieces of paper.

ayduda
Love Efax and all my independent contractors use it too. I can print what I want and file the attachment for further use later.
I never send with it- only receive. I use my fax machine for all out going faxes. Neverh ave to heard the fax ringing either and it doesn't tie up a phone line.
M
I'm jumping in late, but I'll offer my recommendation for EFAX.

I've used it for years. Never a problem. PLUS, if I get a fax it finds me whereever I am. Work E-mail, Home e-mail, etc...

Great service, and FREE too. Too good to be true, but is true.

Take care;

Darrin