Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
What kind of panty-waist, nancy-boy, weak-kneed, gutless, lily-livered military we got? Three years to capture the master terrorist most directly connected to 9/11 and they're "oh, the mountains, the altitude, we might get a nosebleed."
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Have a p-box, troll.
What kind of panty-waist, nancy-boy, weak-kneed, gutless, lily-livered military we got? Three years to capture the master terrorist most directly connected to 9/11 and they're "oh, the mountains, the altitude, we might get a nosebleed."

What are you, a pirate? Who says lily-livered these days?

Derek
No. of Recommendations: 1
So far no one dares answer the question.

Dave,
Walk into any bar on Victory Drive outside Fort Benning or any of the hangouts outside Bragg. Repeat the question. You will get an answer..

Because it was a dumb question. Afghanistan is about as far away from American power projection as a person can get. No real friendlies, no infrastructure, no supply lines. Nothing. Just the toughest terrain in the world and people who have fought each other and everyone else for the last several centuries. Given those conditions, I'm suprised you haven't gone over to collect the bounty yourself. Should be a piece of cake right?

Derek
We have the support of several neighboring countries including, partially, Pakistan. We installed a new government in Afghanistan. There's only maybe 1/20th of either Afghanistan or Pakistan that could contain bin Laden. It's a limited area and we've been there for 3 years. So what's the problem?
Have a p-box, troll.

Agreed. Unfortunately, that doesn't quite convey one's disgust. The number of people with no manners and no sense seems to be growing.

Wessex
Have a p-box, troll.
Agreed

Such thin skin. Such closed minds.

A couple links to get the rest of you started:

http://www.news-leader.com/_sunday/0801-Talibanrea-146191.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/03/0330_040330_peltoninterview.html
We have the support of several neighboring countries including, partially, Pakistan.

Support is far too strong of a word.

We installed a new government in Afghanistan.

How are they going to help us?

There's only maybe 1/20th of either Afghanistan or Pakistan that could contain bin Laden.

Huh?

It's a limited area and we've been there for 3 years.

You're just wrong. Bin Laden is a folk hero there. The population in the entire region will do anything to help hide him. The specific mountainous region you seen to be referring to in Southeast Afghanistan is some of the toughest country in the world. Our guys have resorted to riding horses to get around because no other vehicle will do.

So what's the problem?

If I gave you unlimited resources and promised you a fortune in return, would you find a needle in the carpet of a small room? I'll bet you'd be successful eventually. How about a needle in a haystack? Less plausible but with the right equipment, a determined person might pull it off. Now what if I asked you to find a specific needle in Nebraska. Wouldn't you think it funny if others questioned your resolve when you were unsuccessful there?

Derek
The only reason we can have any military presence in Afghanistan is because of the neighboring countries.

But why invade Afghanistan at all if not for the likely presence of bin Laden and cohorts. Remember this occurred directly after 9/11.

Now what if I asked you to find a specific needle in Nebraska. Wouldn't you think it funny if others questioned your resolve when you were unsuccessful there?

I would certainly be able to laugh at the failure, yes. You're saying that the troops were sent on a laughably impossible mission?

I'll bet Abe has the answer.

Bill Z

I'll bet Abe has the answer.

Bill Z

Bill,

yes I have the answer. Sadly a ever-growing number of people uses such words... And that ain't no cheap talk!

Abe<=== the Warner

There's a reward of a gazillion or so dollars on his head. If you think it's so easy you should strap on a 6 shooter and go get 'em.
"What kind of panty-waist, nancy-boy, weak-kneed, gutless, lily-livered military we got? Three years to capture the master terrorist most directly connected to 9/11 and they're "oh, the mountains, the altitude, we might get a nosebleed." "
-------------

Well sport, why don't you go commercial and collect the large reward since you clearly have some 'special' knowledge of the work and skills required for completing the op.

I'll even front you a little pocket money to see you on your way and make sure you get on the plane.

Good luck.
The only reason we can have any military presence in Afghanistan is because of the neighboring countries.

Right but it's still not the best neighborhood. Musharref helps when he can, but he can't directly allow American troops in his country. Iran isn't going to help. Who else is there in that area? OUr "allies" to the north are far enough away to not matter much.

But why invade Afghanistan at all if not for the likely presence of bin Laden and cohorts. Remember this occurred directly after 9/11.

Afghanistan is a big place. Of course he was there and of course the Taliban had a symbiotic relationship with al Qaeda and had to be overthrown, but given the area and the politics, it would be impossible to throw 300,000 American soldiers into the country which is basically what it would take to do what you suggest.

I would certainly be able to laugh at the failure, yes. You're saying that the troops were sent on a laughably impossible mission?

Before the war started, most with any knowledge at all said that what we needed to do in Afghanistan was going to be near impossible. Not all the objectives were completed, but the most important ones were.

So, back to the wussie comment. When are you signing up tough guy? If you want to go there, I'd suggest that you make sure to inquire about joining Ranger Batt or SF.

Derek
If your officer's dead and the sergeants look white,
Remember it's ruin to run from a fight:
So take open order, lie down, and sit tight,
And wait for supports like a soldier.

Wait, wait, wait like a soldier . . .

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!

R. Kipling (a warning to any who say it's a cake walk)