Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Efti writes: They can't be a gorilla because they are developing a open architecture but can they become a king.

Why do you think that ELON would be only in a royalty game? If ELON has an open architecture that is proprietary, then it may be on the course to be considered a gorilla. (if a series of factors and circumstances follow through). According to TRFM at p. 52, "An architecture is proprietary when it is under the control of a single vendor, in this case the gorilla. It is open if its interfaces are published and other vendors are encouraged to integrate their products with the gorila product to create a whole product for a target customer."

I have not pursued any due diligence on this company. I have read about it with interest on the boards here and the GK thread at http://www.siliconinvestor.com. If fact, a number of investors took the plunge at that thread on ELON today. As of this writing they have even made some money <g>. However, my opinion, fwiw, is that it is too early to call ELON as a royalty or potential gorilla play as of today.

Remember, gorilla gaming should provide you with solace when you invest in the company, not the adrenaline rush of uncertainty.

Happy investing. :)

Hack

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.