Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Egads, that “side note” is scary. I’m sure we are all about the same. The funny part is I bought my 486DX-33MHz for C$2k in September 1989! Maybe 1990.

This PC’s first incarnation was in 2011 I believe. Changed the video card(s) twice and upgraded the CPU once before this. I’ll probably add some RAM and call this quits for another 4 years.

I’m not sure what caused my PC to slow down so much the last few months. I though that my heat sink wasn’t mounted properly but it wasn’t overheating and I had checked and it was fine. Then I checked for viruses thoroughly. Nothing. I think there were just updates to games I was playing that pushed it over the limit. Bannerlord being the most important one there.

Anyway, less mad about the process now that I’m one sleep removed from fixing it. Plus it helps it all works.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.